What does it meen when he waived the court hearing

Pennsylvania |

what does it meen when the person i went to court for that confessed to robbing me waived it does that meen he plead guilty because i didnt even have to go into the court room he automatically waived it

1. You have not provided enough informatino to tell for certain what occurred. However, odds are that he waived the preliminary hearing. This is not in any way a plea of guilty - it only means that the case will be bound over to court for further proceedings. The first stage in a felony charge is a preliminary hearing in front of a District Justice, sort of a mini-trial. It is not unusual for defendants to waive this step, which changes nothing except the opportunity to perhaps obtain dismissal at the District Justice level. I used to be a District Justice in Pennsylvania, and did at times determine that the prosecution did not meet its burden for a bind-over, so never understood why a defendant would waive this step, but many do.