What does it means binding agreement with my workers comp attorney.

I recently sent an e mail to my attorney accepting to settle my workers com case as he requested and I just read an e mail back from him saying the following.Please keep in mind once you instruct me to settle and I accept the settlement the courts in Florida treat this as a binding agreement at the time of my acceptance, regardless of whether the Judge has approved the settlement and regardless of whether you have signed any settlement documents. what does this means. please help me.

Kissimmee, FL -

Jason Lawrence Fox

Jason Lawrence Fox

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Clearwater, FL

If the parties have a meetings of the minds to the core elements, you have a binding settlement. If there is a misunderstanding of the core elements, you may be able to back out, but that is unlikely.

Sponsored Listing
George Ellis Corson IV

George Ellis Corson IV

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Orange, CA

It means that once your Attorney says "Okay", you cannot back out. You have created a settlement contract with the Defendant.

John M Connell

John M Connell

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Englewood, CO

I would agree. Based on the language the attorney sent you if you agree to settle that you are "bound" to that agreement

Dennis Michael Phillips

Dennis Michael Phillips

Litigation Lawyer - Fort Lauderdale, FL

It sounds like you may have a medical malpractice claim in addition to the workers' comp claim. If you check for medical malpractice (medical negligence) attorneys on this list or on the internet, I recommend that you strongly consider Betsey Herd, Esq.

Robert David Shapiro

Robert David Shapiro

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Miami, FL

$12,000 sounds very low if you cannot return to work because of your injuries. Have you been fully worked up medically to see what, if any, problems you may have with other areas of your body, such as your low back or emotional problems due to injuries you sustained and the surgeries, such as depression, anxiety, difficulty sleeping, concentrating and paying attention. If, however, you have returned to work and have shown an ability to work even if at a reduced salary, then the settlement may be a fair settlement. You have not given certain information that would be necessary to determine the answer such as your age, your educational level, your past job level or your physical restrictions. Nor have you indicated whether you returned to work for the same employer or any other employer since the initial injury. These and other factors would be required to give a better answer as to whether the settlement is fair or too low.
Robert Shapiro
Miami
305-373-1099
advocate1@comcast.net