What does it mean when sherrifs are looking for you

Asked over 1 year ago - Chowchilla, CA

Sheriffs came to my house looking for me but was not present and they did not explain to my relatives the reason why they were looking for me what can this possibly mean or regard?

1. Richard Franklin Taub

2

Answered . You should possess the answer here based upon whether you have possibly been involved in criminal conduct or have witnessed something signficant that police want to question you about. If you may have been involved in criminal conduct do not post any more questions about the case on this public forum viewable to anyone. If so, contact an attorney right away to discuss your involvement before your become disadvantaged in your case. Do not speak with law enforcement if this event could be related to criminal conduct. Refer them to your attorney.

2. Vijay Dinakar

Pro

2

Answered . It likely means that you are suspected of criminal conduct. It's possible they were looking for you because you were a possible witness to criminal conduct but this is unlikely. Regardless, I advise all citizens to not interact with police unless it is a life threatening situation (and you are a victim). The prisons are filled with persons who were initially thought to be "witnesses" to criminal conduct and their incautious blabbing they quickly became suspects. You should not interact with the police and should hire a local criminal attorney immediately. That attorney will do all the talking for you including finding out what the sheriff wants. Don't try to handle this yourself or wish this away. Hire an attorney, do not speak a word to the police.

3. Nicholas Maurice Rosenberg

1

Answered . It could mean many things: you have an arrest warrant, they want to question you regarding a crime, they were trying to serve you an eviction, small claims case or collect a judgment, serve you a restraining order, many things. If you think you may be wanted for a crime consult with a local attorney, he or she may know a phone number to call to check if you have an arrest warrant and may be able to make an arrangement that works better for you. Good luck.

www.losangelesdefenders.com