What does it mean when my landlord serves me with a CCP 1161.2?

Asked over 2 years ago - Lompoc, CA

I recieved A Notice of Unlawful Detainer-CCP 1116.2 but I am not in default of payiing rent nor have I damaged the property, My lease ended in November and we verbaly agreed on signing another year lease but he has neglected to contact me so we can.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Yousef Monadjemi


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This means that an unlawful detainer lawsuit has been filed against you.

    If you have not been served with the summons and complaint, you should go to the courthouse to obtain a copy so that you can file a response.

    Good luck.

    The opinion provided is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.
  2. Michael John Harrington

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . This code section simply pertains to the limited public access to the case at this time so you are not back listed from renting another place or dinged on your credit until or unless the case goes to judgement then after 69 days it's public record.

    You want to know why you were evicted I suspect, you must read the entire complaint or better yet bring it to a lawyer tomorrow. You have only a few days to file an answer now.

    The answers on this discussion board are general in nature and NOT intended as legal advice. Responding to... more
  3. Kevin Samuel Sullivan


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You have been served with a UD lawsuit and have five days to respond. This notice is to inform you that restricted access is in place for 60 days after this case is filed.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now