What does it mean when my landlord serves me with a CCP 1161.2?

Lompoc, CA |

I recieved A Notice of Unlawful Detainer-CCP 1116.2 but I am not in default of payiing rent nor have I damaged the property, My lease ended in November and we verbaly agreed on signing another year lease but he has neglected to contact me so we can.

1. This code section simply pertains to the limited public access to the case at this time so you are not back listed from renting another place or dinged on your credit until or unless the case goes to judgement then after 69 days it's public record.
    http://law.onecle.com/california/probate/17200.html

You want to know why you were evicted I suspect, you must read the entire complaint or better yet bring it to a lawyer tomorrow. You have only a few days to file an answer now.

The answers on this discussion board are general in nature and NOT intended as legal advice. Responding to questions does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Always see a lawyer about your individual situation.

2. This means that an unlawful detainer lawsuit has been filed against you.

If you have not been served with the summons and complaint, you should go to the courthouse to obtain a copy so that you can file a response.

The opinion provided is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.

3. You have been served with a UD lawsuit and have five days to respond. This notice is to inform you that restricted access is in place for 60 days after this case is filed.