What does it mean when attorneys assistant says they are releasing me because I was involved in another accident?

Asked 4 months ago - Grapevine, TX

2 mos ago hit by 18 wheeler, got a lawyer, went to treatment, then recently injured as a passenger, reported to attorney within 2 days of accident. The assistant said they are releasing me on 1st case, but if I wanted them to represent me in second accident they would? Does this mean I've lost any monetary reimbursement for all I've been thru on the 1st case? I asked them for clarity, they haven't responded in 5 days, are they just washing their hands of me?

Pro

9

Answered . Best bet is to get a new lawyer who can handle both and separate the injuries from each. Problem solved.

2. Bryan David Fisher

6

Answered . It means you need a new lawyer willing and able to handle both cases. While not common, this situation does happen from time to time. A capable lawyer will use the medical evidence to distinguish your injuries related to each accident.

3. Robert Bruce Kopelson

7

Answered . Sounds like they are dropping you as a client. Find someone else who hopefully can handle both cases.

4. Daryl L. Derryberry

Pro

3

Answered . It appears the attorney is releasing you from your retainer agreement relating to the first wreck. I suggest you consult with an attorney who is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Good luck.

5. Brian Heath Crockett

Pro

2

Answered . This is simply lazy lawyering. In order to take on both cases you will have to distinguish the injuries which can be done. Unfortunately, it sounds like your lawyer is only interested in the easy case. Further, in these types of cases you can't handle them separately, which means you need to rethink your selection of lawyers. Any questions please do not hesitate to ask or leave a comment.

6. Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Pro

2

Answered . It means you are lucky. You ate getting rid of a lazy unimaginative lawyer and have an opportunity to get a good one. I suggest you find a lawyer board certified in personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. It is a state bar agency that lawyers can't just buy their way into.

7. Brian Augustus Beckcom

Pro

1

Answered . You should hire a new lawyer who isn't afraid to take on a case with some complications. I'd recommend a Texas lawyer who is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law.

-Brian Beckcom
    www.VBAttorneys.com

8. Adam Kielich

Answered . May be time to think about hiring a new lawyer.