What does it mean when an inmate is on federal hold?

Asked over 1 year ago - Stockton, CA

can someone tell me what it means when an inmate is on a federal hold.

1. Amanda Elizabeth Lee

4

Answered . If I read the comments you exchanged with Mr. Driessen correctly, this inmate is not an immigrant, and this could not be an ICE hold. The only other type of "hold" that I am aware of would be a hold placed by the federal government on a state inmate for a federal crime. If that's what it is, it means that when the inmate is released from state custody, he or she will be immediately taken into custody to face some federal charges.

2. Robert Laurens Driessen

2

Answered . Well it could be an ICE hold or for a federal crime.
    Robert Driessen

3. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

2

Answered . It's probably an immigration hold.

4. Robert Michael Wilson

1

Answered . Since you are in Stockton, which is in the Eastern District of California, you can contact a federal attorney like myself who can check the court records to see if there are pending charges against the person with a federal hold. Also, an attorney can contact the jail and determine whether it is a ICE immigration hold or a hold out of some other federal district.