WHat does it mean when an immigration case says " clock stopped" 110 days elapse?

Canyon Country, CA |

My husband has an ongoing immigration case for the last 7 years. We went thru a divorce last year and I was the one petitioning him. I know he had court last week and when I called the automated system it said the clock has stopped 110 elapse. What does it mean?

That means he has an asylum case and because the clock stopped an 110 days, he is unable to get a work permit.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration