What does it mean when a judge says your case is dismissed with court cost.

Memphis, TN |

My brother went to jail for D.V and the case was dismissed. The judge and prosecuter dropped the case. The judge told my brother he could file an expungment. My brother was on parole and the parole took back 24 months street time the charge was dismissed and the judge gave him a blue card saying that he could be released

That's a win. Pay the court costs and take the expungement.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

Thank you the court cost and expungement has been paid who do i need to speak to to get him released.

Case disposed Nolle Prosequi with court cost. Offense code 31040 TCA Code 39-13-111

Short answer is he won. His case is over, dismissed, he was not convicted. He will need to pay the court cost prior to expunging or clearing his record. As for parole, that's a different story and up to tn board of parole what they do now.

Claiborne H. Ferguson, Esq. is * Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. * Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization.

The court cost has been paid and they told us to wait 30 days to receive the expungment his case was dismissed before his parole hearing.

It sounds like the State dropped all charges against him and he can no longer be charged with these crimes. The judge, however, ordered that he pay the court costs. The clerk will send a bill and he will need to make arrangements to pay the bill.

Law is state-specific and laws may vary from state to state. You should consult an attorney in your state for specific legal advice. This answer does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

The bill has been paid when will he be released or do i have to go to court