What does it mean when a judge says your case is dismissed with court cost.

Asked over 1 year ago - Memphis, TN

My brother went to jail for D.V and the case was dismissed. The judge and prosecuter dropped the case. The judge told my brother he could file an expungment. My brother was on parole and the parole took back 24 months street time the charge was dismissed and the judge gave him a blue card saying that he could be released

1. Edwin Arnold Anderson

Pro

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . That's a win. Pay the court costs and take the expungement.

2. Claiborne Hambrick Ferguson

Pro

4

1

Answered . Short answer is he won. His case is over, dismissed, he was not convicted. He will need to pay the court cost prior to expunging or clearing his record. As for parole, that's a different story and up to tn board of parole what they do now.

3. Matthew E. Wright

Pro

4

1

Answered . It sounds like the State dropped all charges against him and he can no longer be charged with these crimes. The judge, however, ordered that he pay the court costs. The clerk will send a bill and he will need to make arrangements to pay the bill.