What does it mean to have a sentence revoked with probation

Newport News, VA |

I just wanted to know what it meant to have a sentence revoked with probation, i was looking at charges for a friend of mine online and under disposition code it says sentence/probation revoked, but under result from the trial it says revoked sentence/probation

Normally, sentences imposed by courts are not revoked but probation that may be part of such sentences can be and often is.

Consequently, the dispositional outcome referenced probably refers to the fact that the probation part of your friend's sentence was revoked as a result of some vioation on his part or condition of the probation which he or she failed to meet or comply with.

You could, of course, always contact the clerk's office of the criminal court involved to confirm this apparent disposition.

I agree that you would be well advised to contact the clerk's office of the criminal court involved to confirm this apparent disposition.

Good luck to you.

God bless. I am in Chicago and do not practice in your state.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.