What does it mean to have a petition to revoke a hearing?

Champaign, IL |

What is most likely to happen if you get arrested for a warrant for missing a court date and they have a hearing to revoke hearing?

Are you on probation? The court might be trying to revoke your probation and put you in jail. If you are pre-trial and you miss a court date, the petition is trying to revoke your bond and hold you in jail until the outcome of the case.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

You have not indicated what sort of case you have. However, the petition will not be to revoke a hearing. More than likely there is a petition to revoke the prior disposition of your case, whether it is supervision or probation. You need a lawyer. The warrant needs to be quashed and recalled and a new court date set to hopefully get your case back on track. Missing a court date is not good. Your lawyer may be able to help you minimize the damages.

Are you on probation?