What does it mean to have a petition to revoke a hearing?

Asked about 1 year ago - Champaign, IL

What is most likely to happen if you get arrested for a warrant for missing a court date and they have a hearing to revoke hearing?

1. Judy A. Goldstein

Answered . You have not indicated what sort of case you have. However, the petition will not be to revoke a hearing. More than likely there is a petition to revoke the prior disposition of your case, whether it is supervision or probation. You need a lawyer. The warrant needs to be quashed and recalled and a new court date set to hopefully get your case back on track. Missing a court date is not good. Your lawyer may be able to help you minimize the damages.

2. Melissa I. Smejkal

Answered . Are you on probation?

3. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

1

Answered . Are you on probation? The court might be trying to revoke your probation and put you in jail. If you are pre-trial and you miss a court date, the petition is trying to revoke your bond and hold you in jail until the outcome of the case.