What does it mean that the decision cannot be made on n-652 application, when I pass citizenship exam??

Asked over 1 year ago - Schaumburg, IL

I don't have any criminal record, came to US on a green card, paid my taxes etc.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . It means exactly what it states. You were present at your own interview, you must then know the problems you were told your application for naturalization had, according to the officer?

2. Tracie Lynn Klinke

Pro

1

1

Answered . I know it's frustrating, but there's really no way to tell. Sometimes an officer is simply uncertain how to decide (maybe they are new and want to check with a supervisor), maybe there were problems with the English exam, or maybe there is another file with a similar name./date of birth and they simply want to make sure they have the right person. Sometimes it's a technical issue - for example, if there computers were down or a background check couldn't be performed before your interview, they cannot make an official decision. If you haven't heard anything within 60 days, schedule an InfoPass appointment to see if there's anything else you can do.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Exactly that and nothing more.