Skip to main content

What does it mean that the decision cannot be made on n-652 application, when I pass citizenship exam??

Schaumburg, IL |

I don't have any criminal record, came to US on a green card, paid my taxes etc.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


It means exactly what it states. You were present at your own interview, you must then know the problems you were told your application for naturalization had, according to the officer?

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Exactly that and nothing more.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


I know it's frustrating, but there's really no way to tell. Sometimes an officer is simply uncertain how to decide (maybe they are new and want to check with a supervisor), maybe there were problems with the English exam, or maybe there is another file with a similar name./date of birth and they simply want to make sure they have the right person. Sometimes it's a technical issue - for example, if there computers were down or a background check couldn't be performed before your interview, they cannot make an official decision. If you haven't heard anything within 60 days, schedule an InfoPass appointment to see if there's anything else you can do.

This general advice does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in discussing this situation further, call 678-713-4255 for a consultation.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer