What does it mean if u have to be in court if they want u to show 100% does that mean u r going to jail?????

Louisville, KY |

my lawyer tired to get my case settled so I wouldn't have to go but they said they needed me in court does that mean they are going to lock me hop for sure 100%????

No. I don't think it means they're going to lock you up for sure. Did you ask your attorney why you needed to appear? I think you should contact your attorney and ask him/her why you're needed.

I am not your attorney, nor are you my client. This answer to your question is not to be considered legal advice. In all cases, I encourage you to contact a competent, licensed attorney, who will be able to consult with you, investigate the facts of your situation more thoroughly, and give you a better tailored answer.

he said cause of the type of charge it is I guess it can't be drop over the phone .

his exact words were cause of the type of charge it is whatever that mean. he's in trail so he wasn't really answering my questions.

Christopher S. Compton

Christopher S. Compton

Ok. I still don't think it sounds like you're for sure going to jail but I have no idea. It really depends on the exact charge and what the purpose of the court hearing is.

probation violation technical violation.

I am unsure of exact question, but in general: if it is a felony charge you must appear in person (unless excused); if a motion to set aside a bench/arrest warrant, the defendant show be present in person to assist the lawyer with the motion; If a normal appearance you should be present unless excused by the defense attorney; if on for Motion Hour in Circuit Court, I advise my clients to appear. There are too many possibilities to list. Contact your attorney to get a clarification.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..