What does it mean if u have to be in court if they want u to show 100% does that mean u r going to jail?????

Asked over 1 year ago - Louisville, KY

my lawyer tired to get my case settled so I wouldn't have to go but they said they needed me in court does that mean they are going to lock me hop for sure 100%????

1. Christopher S. Compton

1

1

Answered . No. I don't think it means they're going to lock you up for sure. Did you ask your attorney why you needed to appear? I think you should contact your attorney and ask him/her why you're needed.

2. Frank Mascagni III

Answered . I am unsure of exact question, but in general: if it is a felony charge you must appear in person (unless excused); if a motion to set aside a bench/arrest warrant, the defendant show be present in person to assist the lawyer with the motion; If a normal appearance you should be present unless excused by the defense attorney; if on for Motion Hour in Circuit Court, I advise my clients to appear. There are too many possibilities to list. Contact your attorney to get a clarification.