What does it mean if the status now changed to post decision activity?

Asked about 1 year ago - 11413

I am applying for I-130 for my spouse 20 months before and I checked to USCIS websites on Monday I got confirmation that the status now changed to post decision activity and they have mailed us but we still haven't received it. Can you please advise me what’s the meaning of this? it said that I am approved. Understand that learned from everyone here that the next step is will go to NVC then interview? and when my spouse face the interview approx (time)? Thank you all for your kind advise?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . The decision has been made and the case transferred to NVC for visa processing or in-line waiting until priority becomes current, whatever the case may be.

2. Lachezar Vanchev

1

Answered . NVC will be sending you instructions what to do. It usually takes about 5-6 months to get to the interview.

3. Madhu Kalra

Pro

1

Answered . It appears that your I-130 petition is approved and now you will get paperwork from NVC regarding further instruction. How long will it depends upon when the visa becomes available . You can check the visa availability date from the Visa Bulletein at U.S. State Dept, website, under category F2, Family based category. The I-130 petition priority date can be found on the receipt notice you received when you sent initial petition for filing. it will also be mentioned on the approval notice, which you will be getting very soon.

4. Carolina Martin Ramos

Answered . This means that the government has reached a decision in your case. For example, if you applied for DACA, the govt. has either approved or denied your petition.