What does it mean if a detective did not show up for my interview?

Asked over 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

He told me I am a suspect in a criminal case and wants to talk to me. We arranged to meet at my home at a certain time. I was at home at the time we discussed and waited for 30 minutes and he never showed. I even called him to see what happened but he didn't answer and never called me back. Should I be worried about anything?

1. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

1

Answered . Yes. You should always be worried if a detective has asked to interview you as a suspect.

May I suggest that you seek the assistance of a reputable criminal defense lawyer immediately.

Standard advice for persons suspected of crimes and being investigated is to NOT talk to the police, but instead to hire a criminal defense lawyer.

2. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

1

Answered . Yes. But not because he didn't show up, because you are a suspect in a criminal investigation. You should not meet with him or make any statement to the police under any circumstances. They are not just "trying to clear this up." They are trying to build a case against you. They will twist everything you say and use it against you. You need to consult an attorney. Most of us offer free consultations. I would start calling attorneys as soon as possible to get some guidance.