What does it mean by maintaining a case on the docket?

Asked over 3 years ago - Mission, TX

I received a Notice of Hearing to set a dismissal hearing to determine if the case should be dismissd for Want of Prosecution. If maintained of docket the case will be set for trial.
I don't know what this is for.

1. Cynthia Russell Henley

Answered . It means that the time has come to put the case on the trial docket or it will be dismissed. If you want the case, whatever it is, to be pursued, then appear at the hearing and ask for a jury trial. (You probably need a lawyer representing you if you do not understand these notices and you want to pursue litigation.)

2. Paul Y. Lee

Answered . A docket is the official schedule of proceedings in lawsuits pending in court. I don't have your notice in front of me, but I think what the notice is saying is this -- if the case is not dismissed for want of prosecution at the upcoming hearing, the case will remain in the docket and will be set for trial.

3. Houston Putnam Lowry

Answered . I am not admitted to practice law in Texas.

It sounds like you have not filed something with the court, such as claiming the case to the trial list. Call the court clerk and ask what you should do. At the very least, you need to attend court at the hearing date and speak to the judge.

The question is: will you go to trial on that date or will the court schedule the trial for a future time?