What does it mean, when I speak to a US dept. of justice attorney about my complaint at the EEOC?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Silver Spring, MD

I filed a complaint with the EEOC in 2009 against my employer for discrimination based on color, race, religion and origin. The case has been under investigation since 2009. The charges were incresed by the EEOC in 2011 to five separate charges and the scope of the investigation was widened to include the whole State agency I work for.

1. Neil Stuart Hyman

1

Best Answer

Answered . The Justice Department may be considering taking on your case against the agency that you work for. If you don't already have a lawyer assisting you with your EEOC matter, you should talk to an attorney before you speak with the lawyers at the Department of Justice.

2. Stephen Bruce Lebau

1

Answered . It means the department of justice is interested in pursuing your case..

The investigation usually takes months.

Sl
    Sl@joblaws.net
    Www.joblaws.net

3. Barry Franklin Poulson

1

1

Answered . There is no question here. Are you reporting progress. Sounds like progress, the way you frame it.

4. Judd Garrett Millman

1

Answered . An attorney from the department of justice taking on your charge of discrimination can have potentially positive or negative impacts for you, depending upon the details of your case, the extent of the DOJs involvement, your ultimate goals in pursuing your claims against the employer, and various other factors.

An analysis of these issues is very fact specific, and I would highly recommend consulting with an attorney prior to proceeding. You are welcome to contact my office and arrange a no fee consultation so we can investigate these issues further.

Thanks,

Judd G. Millman
    410-522-1020