What does inconclusive mean on a background check?

Asked about 1 year ago - Gunlock, KY

I am on a volunteer fire department and a state certified firefighter in the state of Kentucky. I iwas wondering what inconclusive meant on a background check. I just got off probation a few months ago. My charges were supposed to been expunged at the end of my probation and drug court. Could that cause it to be inconclusive or could it be something else.

1. Michael William Bouldin

2

Answered . It sounds like you may have gone through diversion. Once finished, the case is dismissed. You will have to file a separate motion to have it sealed/expunged. The background check that says "inconclusive" is likely not generated by the Commonwealth. Speak to a criminal defense attorney to assist in having the record expunged.

2. Frank Mascagni III

1

Answered . You need to hire a criminal defense attorney to review the case file to be sure a motion was made and case dismissed; then a motion was made to expunge and it was signed. www.kacdl.net