What does inconclusive mean on a background check?

Gunlock, KY |

I am on a volunteer fire department and a state certified firefighter in the state of Kentucky. I iwas wondering what inconclusive meant on a background check. I just got off probation a few months ago. My charges were supposed to been expunged at the end of my probation and drug court. Could that cause it to be inconclusive or could it be something else.

1. You need to hire a criminal defense attorney to review the case file to be sure a motion was made and case dismissed; then a motion was made to expunge and it was signed. www.kacdl.net

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

2. It sounds like you may have gone through diversion. Once finished, the case is dismissed. You will have to file a separate motion to have it sealed/expunged. The background check that says "inconclusive" is likely not generated by the Commonwealth. Speak to a criminal defense attorney to assist in having the record expunged.

Kentucky law does not certify specialty of practice in this area. The advice given herein is informational and should not be considered as creating an attorney/client relationship. Michael Bouldin is an independent attorney located in Northern Kentucky. It is strongly recommended to not give any confidential information on any website.