What does inactive mean at the magistrates level. the charges show 3 f3 felonies and 3 m1 charges.

Hazleton, PA |

their are also other charges that have already been moved on to court in Columbia and Luzerne county. these new charges were filed on jan 31 2014. Also out on Bail from both county at present will bail contuine?

Respectfully, if the charges are yours, and you are facing multiple felony charges in 2 different counties, you are in serious trouble. If you are out on bail, you likely have an attorney. If so, questions regarding your case must be directed to your attorney. He or she is in the best position to answer questions regarding bail, etc. If you do not have an attorney, use the "Find a lawyer" feature on Avvo to hire one ASAP. If you cannot afford an attorney, contact the public defender's office. Do not delay. Good luck.

I completely agree with Mr. Myshin's response and wish to respond to the last inquiry. If the "new charges" occurred after bail was granted then there is a high likelihood of a negative impact on bail. If they are simply added charges that occurred earlier then I would not expect any impact on bail previously set, but the new charges themselves would involve the setting of bail. Seek the advice of counsel as already recommended.

Another reason to hire an attorney now is to prepare for the potential for the DA to request a change in bail at your next hearing. The new arrest may prompt an action once the ADA is assigned to the new case and he or she realizes the other matters that are outstanding. I will be easier for a defense attorney to head off a motion before it is filed than defend against it the day after he or she is hired.

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.