What does immigration looks for in your information.

Wylie, TX |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

if i have a case in foster care and i have some information that my case worker says its private, it is in my binder. it says some bad things, i want to know if immigration sees that information. they just aproved me the sij visa, do they aprove my green card or what things can keep me from getting one. i just want to know the all the things that keeps you from getting a green card as a sij. In the interview they said "this is real easy" when they were just fliping the pages.

im 15

1. This is the type of question you should ask your who is filing for you. Generally Juvenile offense are not a bar to adjustment, but there are always exceptions. You must have a privileged conversion with an attorney.

Patrick Caston Crowley, Esq. (718-769-6352) Law Offices of Marina Shepelsky, P.C. 936 Kings Hwy, 2nd Floor Brooklyn, NY 11223 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. Immigration looks for any criminal convictions, arrests, charges, immigration violations, false claims of citizenship, misrepresentations etc. But, not all of that will be a problem. In most cases, for example, juvenile delinquency is not a problem, as it would be if you were an adult and were charged in adult court.

To give you peace of mind, you should talk with the attorney handling your SIJ case.

Wolf W. Kaufmann
    Southern California Immigration Attorney
    www.wolfklaw.com
    951-710-3250

No client-attorney relationship is being created by this posting. Please contact an attorney with questions about your case.

3. It depends on where else that information is available from.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.