What does Homicide with Conditions mean?

Asked about 2 years ago - Valdosta, GA

My friend was driving intoxicated w 3 passengers in his truck they hit an embankment and flipped 3 times throwing 2 people out the truck rolled on one and she died. The driver and his gf was fine. The driver took off and the gf took the other girl tht was thrown out to a fire station then they called police and told about the other girl they left. The driver was charged w homicide w conditions,Recklace driving, failure to report an accident,DUI,and possession of marijuana. Shouldn't his gf be charged w homicide as well her nor the driver called anyone to save the women, she could have lived if they had. They both fled the scene?????

1. Kenneth L. Shigley

Pro

8

Answered . The phrase "homicide with conditions" does not appear in Georgia case law or statutes. Are you sure they did not say "homicide by vehicle"? In any event, I have reclassified your questions under criminal defense as it relates to the criminal aspects of the case rather than a civil claim for personal injury or wrongful death.

http://www.atlantainjurylawyer.com/attorney-lawyer-1008563.html
  2. James B. Hernan

Pro

4

Answered . Your friend still needs to retain a qualified attorney right away. I am not sure that it helps him in any way if the other person is charged. He is still facing very serious charges and needs an attorney to represent him right away.

As stated in response to your previous post on this issue:

That could refer to a number of things, but it is clear that you need to speak with a qualified criminal defense attorney right away for your boyfriend. Be sure to consult with an attorney that has experience defending homicide cases and understands the dynamics of the jurisdiction where he has been charged.

3. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

3

Answered . There is no such thing as homicide with conditions but your friend could face a lengthy prison sentence and needs a lawyer.

4. Curtis Lamar Harrington Jr

2

Answered . Driver is responsible not to leave the scene. Why are you indicating that GF has the same duty as driver? Guilt by friend association?

Was the driver under a previous condition?