What does fugitive from justice mean? and what jail sentence does this carry?

Asked 9 months ago - Murfreesboro, TN

friend was pulled over. and when they ran that persons name. they said that the friend has a fugitive from justice charge. what does this mean? and ejat is the jail time on this charge?

1. Bernard Francis McEvoy

5

1

Answered . Your friend must have an outstanding warrant from from another state. The fugitive from justice warrant is not a separate charge. It is a mechanism used to get your friend to the other state to answer that state's

2. William Kevin Hodges

2

1

Answered . It is used to hold the individual until the other state can come pick them up. When the other state comes to pick your friend up then the fugitive from justice warrent will be dropped.

3. Jennifer Lynn Honeycutt

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Fugitive from Justice is a means to hold an individual who has an outstanding warrant in another state. A sentence, if any, would be tied to the outstanding warrant.

4. Ryan David Hanzelik

Pro

Answered . Someone should contact and hire an attorney in the other state where your friend will be transferred to. Get the ball rolling now because it is a long process getting transferred from one state to another. He will be ready to get out once he gets to the other state. It would be good to have someone ready to request bond immediately.