What does Form (Form I-797) for a refugee travel document application mean?

Asked about 1 year ago - Houston, TX

hello,
I applied for a refugee travel document and yesterday I received this letter in the email from USCIS:

Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS Nebraska Service Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxxxx. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your case using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

What does that mean? don't I have to do biometrics and fingerprinting ? is the form I797C going to arrive later for the appointment or what?

1. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . It means exactly what it says, that the filing has been accepted and sent to the Nebraska Service Center for processing.

2. Husna F. Alikhan

1

Answered . It means your case has been accepted for processing and that you can check its status online as its being processed. You will receive your actual refugee travel document approximately 4 - 6 months later. Please make certain that your mailing address remains current with USCIS.

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.