Skip to main content

What does final court disposition for DUI look like? not sure what i got from court is the disposition!

Fort Lee, NJ |

I had a DUI in 2008, about 6 years ago and I'm trying to apply for citizenship this year. I've heard I need to get the final court disposition from the court, so i went and asked for it, but they gave me 10 pages file. is this the disposition? it does state every single details of my DUI, but i always assumed the disposition would be a single page paper stating the case is closed.
Please help! also, if it is, do i just need to send this file along with my application?

thanks all,

Attorney Answers 8

  1. It is hard to say without reviewing the documants. The final disposition is one page but it may be in there. There is a sentencing page you signed and were given a copy. That would do the trick iIthink.

  2. As long as its from the court and tells you the final outcome of the DUI case then it is a disposition.

    This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising.

  3. If happened in nj, consult a nj lawyer, good luck.

  4. The disposition would be one page. It must state the charge and the penalties. What is needed for immigration is different Han for other purposes. 2008 is a recent dwi and could create problems for you when naturalizing. You really should not be doing this without a lawyer.

  5. That is the docket sheet. Towards the end of it will be the dispo. There may also be a court order signed by a judge. That's also the dispo

  6. Go back and ask for a certified disposition report.

  7. Need to review the documents. The disposition is one page, and you signed an acknowledgement as to all penalties. That should be it.

    Do NOT rely on this answer as the information provided here is not legal advice nor is it a substitute for legal advice which requires a consultation with a lawyer. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship.

  8. There are two documents that should classify as a DWI disposition in NJ. One is called a "judgment of conviction" that you can request be certified or non-certified from the Court. The other is a one-page document given to (and signed) all Defendants following a DWI conviction that outlines the penalties imposed. I think the Court's Certified Disposition might be appropriate for your purposes. I think however, you need an Immigration Lawyer to better guide you with this.

DUI court topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics