Skip to main content

What does disposed mean on your record?

Lexington, KY |

I wrote a check for about $20 about 10 years ago then move found out one when I got pulled over I had a warrent cause it had bounced. Anyway it on my record as theft by disception disposed on so and so date. Does it look bad for employment? Can this be removed?

Attorney Answers 1


If you were charged with Theft By Deception Under $500.00 ten years ago for a NSF check and a warrant was issued for your arrest, I assume you made restitution and went to court to defend the charge. The expressed "disposed of " means the case was resolved in court. You either pled guilty or the charge was dismissed. In KY we have an expungement statute that can be used to remove this from your record. KRS 431.076 or KRS 431.078. Hire an attorney experienced in this area to assist you.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics