What does criminal trespassing 2 degree mean what will be done in court

Whitesburg, KY |
Filed under: Criminal trespass

ive only been in troble 1 time and this time i took a friend looking for his brother who left on a 4 wheeler we sk a nightwatchmen if we could continue looking foe his brother he followed us and nothing we touched what will be donr in court

1. Trespassing II in Ky is a crime and is covered by the KY penal code:

§ 511.070. Criminal trespass in the second degree.

Kentucky Statutes

Title 50. KENTUCKY PENAL CODE

Chapter 511. BURGLARY AND RELATED OFFENSES

Current through Chapter 106, Regular Session 2011

§ 511.070. Criminal trespass in the second degree

(1) A person is guilty of criminal trespass in the second degree when he knowingly enters or remains unlawfully in a building or upon premises as to which notice against trespass is given by fencing or other enclosure.

(2) Criminal trespass in the second degree is a Class B misdemeanor.

History. Effective: January 1, 1975
    Created 1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, §102 , effective January 1, 1975.

The penalty is up to 90 days in jail, a max. fine of up to $250.00, plus court costs of approx. $135.00. You need to consult with a competent criminal defense attorney in your area to assist you.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..