What does charged with "Not Held on Charge" mean?

Louisville, KY |

Upon calling LMPD, when listening to the list of charges, a new charge had been added. "This inmate is charged with Not Held on Charge". He is currently charged with 7 other charges. 3 of which are sexual abuse 1st degree, and the other 4 are sodomy of person under the age of 12 1st degree.

1. "Not held on charge" sounds like it could be some type of LMPD code that is sort of a placeholder for another crime, like maybe for something out of state or maybe for a new crime that hasn't been put into the computer yet.

I suggest you call LMPD and ask a person what it means because it doesn't sound like a legal issue.

I am not your attorney, nor are you my client. This answer to your question is not to be considered legal advice. In all cases, I encourage you to contact a competent, licensed attorney, who will be able to consult with you, investigate the facts of your situation more thoroughly, and give you a better tailored answer. (Also, I frequently type answers on my mobile phone, so please excuse typos and autocorrect errors.)

2. Call the Jefferson County District Court Clerk's Office at 595-4428 if the cases are pending in District Court to identify the pending charges. I assume the defendant has an attorney, the attorney can get an individual list of all charges and check with the Kentucky Court Net info online.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..