What does change in Alien Registration Number means?

Jersey City, NJ |
Filed under: Student visas

Hello,
I have applied for my OPT (Optional Practical Training) on January 15th and the case status was under 'Initial Review' till now.
Today when I checked my case status on USCIS website, it read 'On March 11, 2013, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION.'
What does this mean? I'm really worried as I have pending ACD for Class A Misdemeanor which ends on March 14th. According to Court personnel, my case would be sealed on 14th.
I live in NJ but case was heard in NY (Manhattan) Court.
Need help! Thank you.

1. Even though your case is sealed, you still must disclose any arrest/conviction.

VOSBIKIAN & VOSBIKIAN, L.L.C. (856) 755-1400, e-mail: ssvosbikian@voslaw.com - Offices in Atlantic City, Cherry Hill, Newark, and Trenton, NJ. Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please visit and share this site: www.voslaw.com

2. There is no sealing for purposes of immigration. Sealing is not a good idea when noncitizens are involved. All it does is making it difficult later on to get access to records.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

3. I agree with my colleagues.

---------------------------
    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    (Office located next to the George Washington Bridge)

IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. For persons located in New Jersey: To the extent that Mr. Murray's profile can be considered an advertisement in New Jersey, which is denied, be advised that NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. Furthermore, the selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website: http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.