What does CG mean for I765 ?

Cleveland, OH |

i have sent the I765 application to Vermont center since 4 months and i heard nothing until now ...April 1st .
i called the USCIS about ten days ago and they said you will receive a mail during the next three days and i received nothing so far , so i called them once again yesterday and i talked to the customer service and she said there is a note on my case which is CG . and she said i dont know what does that meaan . so i need to write a letter to Vermont center to ask for update for my case .
my question is what does CG mean?
thank you .

Consulate General or Consul General although I am not sure whether that i right in the context for your question. It might be something else depending upon what applications you have pending with the government.
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney: Immigration Law
    13295 Illinois St. Ste. 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174
    www.haranlaw.com

Contact (317) 660-6174 for specific legal advice tailored to your situation. Answers given on this website are of general nature and are not tailored to your specific situation. You should not act on this answer without checking with an Immigration Attorney.

2. If you have your filing receipt you can go to the immigration website http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

enter your receipt number to check on the status of your matter.

216.861.4414
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brown-immigration.com

3. I have no idea what CG means, but I concur with my colleague on looking up your status online.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

4. I too have no idea. Try the USCIS.gov as suggested by attorney Brown. 4 months is too long.
    What is the basis for filing it? If you like, give me (or attorney Brown or another Cleveland attorney) a call.
    By the way, when you called them 10 days ago, did they say they could let you know in 3 days? that's very odd. They are supposed to get back to you in 14. Are you sure it was CG and not CP. CP could be card preparation (a hopeful sign).

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.