What does Case Continued (adjourned) Bond $1 Cash $1 (Not Posted) mean?

Massapequa, NY |

What does Case Continued (adjourned) Bond $1 Cash $1 (Not Posted) mean? Can this be a typo on E-courts criminal case outcome?

It sounds like the case was adjourned to another day and the defendant has $1 bail, which means he has something else holding him in such as bail on another case or a Parole warrant or immigration detainer.

The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

It could be a typo, but it probably means that the defendant's bail was set at $1 which he did not post because there is another matter which is keeping him in custody.

I agree with my colleagues that this probably means that the Defendant has another case or matter holding him in custody. Instead of releasing the defendant, courts will set $1 bail so that the defendant gets "credit" for the time served.

It means that the defendant is being held on one dollar bail. Judges typically do this when a defendant is in custody on another case so that he gets credit toward both.