What does announcement defense has received a recommendation from the state in a criminal case pass slip?

Dallas, TX |

what does announcement defense has received a recommendation from the state in a criminal case pass slip?

I don't understand your question. Are there maybe some typos in there? As it reads, the question just doesn't make sense, particularly the "pass slip" part. Is this maybe some kind of clerk's notation that a plea bargain offer has been made?

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Macy Michelle Jaggers

A pass slip is the form we fill out in dallas to reset a case. That whole question was full of dallas-county jargon. There's no reason it would make sense to anyone who doesn't practice here.

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Macy Michelle Jaggers

M Elizabeth Gunn

M Elizabeth Gunn

Ah. Thanks for the explanation. I'm afraid we just call those "reset forms" down here!

Not much. Every setting in Dallas is an announcement setting until the case is set for a disposition or some kind of hearing. And it sounds like te DA has made an initial offer on the case. It's sort of like a sticker price on a car. It's just a starting point.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

thank you ma'm.May I know, from this point to take the case to 'trial by judge' approximately how much time does it take for the final disposition?

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Macy Michelle Jaggers

If you set the case for a trial by court, you will get the trial date at that time. The courts in Dallas vary greatly. It just depends on the court's docket as well as the DAs and your defense attorney's. It could be anywhere from four weeks to four months.

If your case is set in Tarrant County an announcement setting is where you must announce to the court trial or no trial.