What does an Attorney's handwritten Triangle Symbol mean in the phrase, "Please Bring (TRIANGLE SYMBOL) Down"....

Dallas, TX |
Filed under: Criminal defense

This phrase was handwritten in the side margin of a filed Court document "Pass Slip" from a County Criminal District Court, involving the charge of "Injury to the Elderly / with Intent to Harm", in which the court date was reset to a future date, with the "Agreed Plea of Guilty" selection marked....

Are they asking to reduce the Original Grand Jury Indictment (Charge - from Felony 3 to a possible "Misdemeanor") or to reduce the Prison/Jail/Probation time sentence, OR BOTH???

The triangle is legal terms is defendant, in science its change.

The general advice above does not constitute an attorney-client relationship: you haven't hired me or my firm or given me confidential information by posting on this public forum, and my answer on this public forum does not constitute attorney-client advice

They are not asking for a reduction in charge(based on the limited information provided here) but instead they appear to have set an agreed plea date. the triangle is just a short way of writing "defendant." So the attorney has asked the coordinator to ensure that the defendant is brought to court that morning.

as my colleagues have mentioned, the triangle is the symbol for Delta which was the greek letter for D as in "defendant."

No attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. The information provided by the this attorney on this website is not legal advice and visitors are encouraged to consult with an attorney before making any decisions regarding their legal issue.