WHAT DOES A SMART START VIOL MEAN ON A START-UP? I DID NOT HAVE ANY ALCOHOL. WHEN THE DEVISE REQUESTED I BLOW, I BLOW A"PASS".

Asked about 1 year ago - Auburn Hills, MI

I BLEW THE "PASS" WITHIN 2 MINUTES OF THE INTIAL START-UP.

1. J. Matthew Catchick Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . If you are required to have a Breath Alcohol Ignition Interlock device ("BAIID") on your car, and the machine indicates an issue, it is crucial that you address it IMMEDIATELY. BAIID devices can be notoriously problematic. Time is of the essence in your situation, so I would kindly but strongly recommend you ASAP consult with a lawyer who is well versed in BAIID issues, to confirm how you should proceed in light of the claimed "issue" by the BAIID. I wish you all the best of luck. Warmest regards, Matt Catchick. 248-606-5522.