What does a projected release date mean ?

Asked about 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

my boyfriend is in men central los angeles jail and i looked him up online and it said his projected release date is 5/26/12...what im asking is does that mean he will for sure get out on this date ?

1. Kresta Nora Daly

Pro

4

2

Best Answer

Answered . It means he will probably get out on that date but its not certain because of the calculation of his credits. If he earns credits he might get out sooner. If he loses credits he might get out later.

2. Jeffrey Scott Bullard

Pro

2

Answered . A 'projected date' is just that. It is the date he is expected to be released. A variety of factors can change that date. He could get out earlier for things like over crowding but he could stay longer if he gets in fights or is not a model inmate and lose his extra custody credits.

3. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

1

1

Answered . My colleague has answered your question.