What does a No sch action - fug means on a fugitive warrant from wisconsin ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Milwaukee, WI

Friend is detained in Las Vegas for a wisconsin fugitive warrant

1. Michael C. Witt

Pro

2

1

Answered . I would guess it shows that he is being detained as a fugitive, and there is no scheduled court action pending a response from the jurisdiction that issued the warrant on extradition. If it is a felony warrant, Wisconsin will probably extradite. If it is a misdemeanor warrant, they may not. Either way, your friend sits until his status is sorted out. If it is a misdemeanor warrant you may want to contact a lawyer in Clark County, Nevada to make sure he doesn't get lost in the system in the meantime.

2. George A. Limbeck

Pro

1

1

Answered . In the counties I regularly practice in, if the local prosecuting authority went to the trouble of issuing a fugitive warrant, it probably means the Wisconsin charge is a felony or he was on some type of supervision at the time he absconded. I agree that the designation probably means that there is no court hearings pending back in Wisconsin. I suspect soon you friend will have consulted with a local attorney and decided whether to fight extradition or not. Good Luck to your friend.