What does a capias bond mean in the state of mo

Asked almost 2 years ago - Houston, MO

my son has a capias bond on him

1. Robert Edward Caldwell Jr.

4

Answered . To be more precise, a capias bond is a bond where you have no ability to post bond. You have to ask the judge to set a bond or otherwise release you. An attorney will get a bond set or try to get your release on your own recognizance.

2. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

5

Answered . I agree with learned MO counsel and wish to add the following. If he has not been taken into custody on the capias et I would highly recommend talking with local counsel immediately to see if arrangements could be made quickly so your son could turn himself in with the assistance of counsel.

3. Morgan Daniel Ditch

3

Answered . Capias is an order issued by the court to take an individual into custody. It is generally issued when a defendant fails to appear for any court hearing.

Your son should hire local criminal counsel or speak to his current attorney.

4. Timothy Ryan Brown

3

Answered . I agree with the prior attorneys that have answered this question. He should consult a local attorney immediately.