What does 812.014.2 for larc means? what does degree T mean? would they have a bond? how much do you think the bond would be??

Fort Walton Beach, FL |

Someone I know is being charge with 812.014.2 with the degree being T but the counts says 1 for larc over 300 under 20000. we don't know if he/she would have a bond.. but he/she did steal or take nothing at all they wasn't there.. so we don't see how he/she is being charge with it..

It means it is a third degree felony, and they will likely have a bond unless they have failed to appear in court.

how much do you think my friend bond would be?

Jason Michael Reid

Jason Michael Reid

If that is the only charge, it typically will be $1000. Each county in Florida has its own bond schedule, you can usually find it in an administrative order on the judicial circuits websites. Factors that may cause deviation include, Defendant's access to money, travel, prior record and number of failures to appear. Also, the nature of the charge and amount taken can be factors. Bondsman typically charge 10%

okay thanks

The charge is also known as grand theft. It is a 3rd degree felony punishable by up to 5 years in prison or 5 years probation and a $5,000.00 fine. Your friend will likely receive a bond.

how much do you think my friend bond would be?? thanks you so much

Jennifer Ann Jacobs

Jennifer Ann Jacobs

It will likely be somewhere between $1500 and $5000.

thank you!

The defendant needs to hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP to represent them and defend the charges. There has to be some basis for the charge (even if inaccurate). An attorney will defend and review the case, make a motion for bond reduction/modification if necessary. Get counsel.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

my friend don't have the money to get a lawyer.

Frank Mascagni III

Frank Mascagni III

Then he needs to ask the judge to appoint a public defender at the next court appearance.

I know from experience that when someone uses the word "charge" or "charged" that person really means arrested.

If in fact that is the case here, the local prosecutor's office ("the state") may not actually charge the person who was arrested if the person "wasn't there." The reason for not charging the person (filing an "Information") is that the state determined it could not prove beyond a reasonable doubt (the amount of proof needed in criminal court) the charge(s) for which the person (the defendant) was arrested.

Keep in mind, however, that one need not go inside the dwelling (home), structure (building), or conveyance (vehicle) to be charged with any degree of theft.

Whether or not the person has a criminal record or to what degree the past charges, the person you know here should look forward to a bond. The monetary amount depends on several factors, with a big one being past involvement in the criminal justice system.

Jeff Boston Legal (321.795.4232)

I Agree with my colleagues, grand theft is a third degree felony, punishable by p to five years in Prison. They will have a bond, bless they previously failed to appear on this case. The amount of nod will depend upon their prior record,, prior failures to appear, etc.

812.014 is the Florida Statute under which he is charged (which deals with theft crimes), "larc" is likely short for larceny, degree T is unknown to me, although it would appear to be third degree since the amount is between $300.00 and $20,000.00. They will likely have a bond, the exact amount will depend on many factors.