What does 245 interview I-485 pending, A#, IO's name/ISO NYC and date mean?

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

I'm adjusting my status through marriage to a USC. I gave them lots of pics, lease, insurance, bank statement,utility bills. She gave us a letter at end of interview which said we do not require any further info from you. should futher info be required , you will receive notice in mail. we may also schedule you for another interview,you will receive a notice in the mail. Otherwise, a final decision will be mailed once your case is complete.
Is this a good thing?

I'm just updating my status. I have gotten confirmation from USCIS via text and email today April 15, that I have been approved and my greencard is in production! I did the interview April 11.Thanks to all the lawyers who replied to my question and helped ease my mind. Once again thank you. Keri.

1. Sarah E. Blackwell

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . Yes, what the office said is a good thing. Most people hear within 2 weeks after interview if the case is approved. The green card arrives shortly therafter.

2. Susan A. Glover

1

1

Answered . Wait for a decision. A decision will be based on all the circumstances including the interview and other circumstances.

3. Philip Alan Eichorn

1

1

Answered . Generally it is a good thing. If you receive a request for further evidence or a notice of intent to deny, hire a lawyer.