What does "The revocation of the appellant's driver's license is rescinded" mean

Des Moines, IA |

This is in regards to my license after I have been charged with a OWI

1. The Iowa DOT has removed the revocation from your certified driving record. This usually occurs when the chemical test (breath, urine or blood) supporting the revocation has been suppressed from evidence in the underlying OWI case. Your driving privileges are usually reinstated in full once the revocation is rescinded. You'll need to contact the DOT to obtain a duplicate license to replace the one likely seized by the officer.

2. It means you won. One way or another, the license revocation action has been lifted. Rescinded means to take back. It is likely you will need to take steps to be reinstated. Also, assuming this is an
    Administrative suspension, you may lose your license depending on the outcome of the DUI charge. If you have an attorney, and you should, he or she can outline the steps you need to take and what will happen with your license in the criminal case.

Traffic tickets topics