What does "strike from the call-allowed" mean?

Asked over 3 years ago - Chicago, IL

I garnished the wages of a former tenant. The judgement was awarded. A week later there was activity on the case that I was not aware of that said strike from the call-allowed.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Oscar Robert Trejo

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . It sounds like the case was up for a status call but since you already received judgment there wasn't any need for the status call. Because the status call was no longer needed for that case, it was stricken from the call.

    I'm only licensed in IL. Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied... more
  2. Bernard James Conway

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Although you have the judgment, that is not the final step is seeking to collect on the debt and you should get advice on making the post judgment filings.

    Legal disclaimer: This is not legal advice and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The post... more
  3. Theodore Lyons Araujo


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Just an administrative entry becaue the casse is over.

    When you find out that a judgment has been entered against you, normally by discovering that your wages are being garnished or the bank account has been frozen, you still have a couple of options.

    In most States the Courts allow you to reopen and challenge a “default judgment”. Most States will allow a year to accomplish this. If you did not get the paperwork for the lawsuit, or you got the paperwork but never did anything, then the judgment was “entered” due to your default to file an Answer.

    You have to bring a motion in the Court where the judgment is filed. That motion normally has to include a defense to the charges and a copy of your proposed Answer.

    You should definitely get a local lawyer to help you with this, or seek the assistance of a Bankruptcy attorney to get rid of the liability. If you can’t afford a lawyer and you are being sued check out my website for a free form Answer.

    Good Luck!

    REQUEST: Please give this answer a "thumbs up"(below) if you find it valuable.

    Disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted in the States of New York, New Jersey and... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,377 answers this week

2,840 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,377 answers this week

2,840 attorneys answering