What does "SP3, both abstract" mean?

Asked over 3 years ago - Downey, CA

I went online to the website lasd.org and checked on an inmate's status and that's what it read.

1. Robert Marshall Sanger

Answered . You can call the LA Sheriff's Office and check for sure. But, from what I understand, it means that the inmate has his prison packet and is ready to be transported to state prison. Once he is actually transported it will be SP4.

The prison packet is prepared by the court clerk. It contains the pre sentence (or post sentence) report, the transcript of the sentencing hearing and the abstract of judgment. I think the "both Abstact" reference is to the fact that the inmate is being sent to state prison on two matters.

Having said that -- this is off the top of my head and a call to the Sheriff should get you a definitive answer.

2. Jerod Gunsberg

Answered . It means that the inmate has been sentenced to state prison, the paperwork has been processed and the inmate is waiting for CDC to take the inmate into custody from the local sheriff.