What does "Said answer may be filed my mailing or bring said answer to the district courts office "mean in a divorce case?

This is stated on my petition for divorce Whats the question i am suppose to answer? i cant afford a lawyer and the district court wont tell me what it means.. and why would i have to take a parenting class for my divorce? i am so confused and scared my soon to be ex is trying to do something sneaky . can anyone help me? Thank you in advanced if you can

Beaumont, TX -

William Tyler Moore Jr

William Tyler Moore Jr

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Houston, TX

You have been sued for divorce. You need to answer the suit by filing an "answer" with the District Clerk. You may mail the answer to the district clerk or take it in person to be filed. Parenting classes are generally required by judges who handle family law cases. The parenting class isn't how to raise a child. It is how to keep the child out of the divorce, i.e. to teach you and your spouse not to bring divorce issues between adults to the child.

Sponsored Listing
Matthew Edward Sossi

Matthew Edward Sossi

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - San Antonio, TX

Most counties in the State of Texas will have pro se answer forms at the District clerk's office. Go to courthouse where your ex filed suit, fill out the form including the cause number, file your answer and provide your ex a copy.

Alan James Brinkmeier

Alan James Brinkmeier

Lawsuit / Dispute Attorney - Chicago, IL

You have been served with a petition. It requires an answer and any affirmative defenses to avoid a default judgment. This is very technical. And if you mess it up things can go badly. So, you might try finding a lawyer that will work on a payment plan. Or try Legal Aid.