What does "review of your I-485 was completed"? Is a denial following this message or approval? Or could it go either way?

Asked over 1 year ago - Woodbridge, VA

I - 130 for my wife was approved couple of weeks ago and " Case status " on I - 485 has changed to the following - " the review of your I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was completed . You will be notified of the decision by mail . " It's been almost a week and the status hasn't changed . My question is that what should I expect ? I mean has anyone seen an approval following this on line update ? ?

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

3

11

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at http://www.shautsova.com .

2. Stephen D. Berman

5

1

Answered . It could also be a request for additional evidence.

3. Mark Robert Barr

4

1

Answered . You should get something in the mail soon. You're right to be concerned--that type of message more often than not means a denial. But not always. Just wait for the decision and then you'll be able to strategize about what to do next, if anything.

4. Karen-Lee Pollak

4

1

Answered . You can expect some decision soon. It can go either way.

5. Kimberley Schaefer

Pro

2

1

Answered . As an initial matter, you should keep in mind that the online case status system isn't perfect and doesn't always show case status updates that give you a complete view of what is happening with your case.

Although this message could indicate a denial, you should wait for the notice to arrive in the mail before you make any decisions. I know that it can be difficult to wait, but your notice should be arriving in the mail soon.

If the notice you receive is a denial or a request for evidence, you should schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer as quickly as possible to explore what your best options may be. Depending on your situation, you may have a limited amount of time to take action. Your immigration lawyer will need to review all of your immigration papers, including a complete copy of the documents you submitted to the government, so you may want to start collecting those documents now.

(703) 424-2979. Virginia Immigration Lawyer - Helping Future Americans Become Citizens
  6. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

3

Answered . You should be receiving something in the mail soon.