What does "reopen disp" mean for case status?

Altamonte Springs, FL |

My probation in Brevard County, Florida was scheduled to end earlier this month. The clerk's website shows the case as "reopen disp." What does that mean?

It seems to means your probation is not ending for some reason. You need to hire an attorney to investigate the issue.

I only practice in the areas of personal injury, federal civil rights, and criminal law. I will not respond to inquiries about legal representation in other areas of law, so please do not call me about matters outside my areas of practice. Furthermore, my answers on Avvo do not create an attorney-client relationship. Avvo is not designed for the type of legal analysis I personally require to accept a case. You should always seek a consultation with a licensed attorney who practices in the specific area of law who can fully review the facts of your case.

It sounds like they are looking at your case. I would guess to either terminate probation or to violate you. You can call the court to see what is happening. Hope that's helpful

Different Clerks use different lingo. Your best bet at finding out precisely what it means is to contact the Clerk directly. For your convenience a link to the Brevard Clerk follows:

Please see:

In the interim I am guessing that "reopen disp" means "reopen disposition", which suggests (suggests) to me that you may have a probation violation coming.

Anyhow, call the Clerk and be sure.

I hope that I have been helpful in answering your question.

First, second and third: No attorney-client relationship exists by virtue of any Q&A with Michael A. Haber, Esq. on Avvo. Fourth: Anything that you post on Avvo (or on similar sites) or on any social media is by its nature public. It is essentially an admission / confession and can be introduced into evidence as a statement against your interest in a subsequent legal proceeding. Once posted you lose any reasonable expectation of privacy, so, as this is an open forum (with no privilege attached), please be extra careful when considering what to post online (forewarned is forearmed.)

As a Brevard County attorney I can tell you it means the case was reopened and then disposed. It doesn't mean there is a violation of probation. When you pled to your case and were put on probation, the clerk closed the case. If a document was filed in your case, then the clerks would "reopen" the case in order to file said document. Once the issue was resolved, the clerk of courts would then close the case again and it would say "reopen disposed." Without knowing your case number I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly why it was reopened and then closed.