What does "Plaintiff be given relief as sought" mean?

Asked over 1 year ago - Kenosha, WI

My husband is filing for divorce and I received the petition for divorce on Monday. After reading over them, at the end it says
"Wherefore, Plaintiff prays:
A) That a date be set for a hearing on the claims of the parties, and that process issue if required
B) That plaintiff be granted a total divorce, that is a vinculo matrimonii
C) That plaintiff be given relief as sought, or that any agreement between the parties hereto be made a part of any final decree issued by the court

So, what does "C" mean? I refuse to pay him anything since he's the one who gave up on our marriage, and won't sign these papers if that's what this refers to.
Also, he's filing in Georgia, and since he's living with someone else now, he's commited both adultery and desertion. Can you advise me? Thank you so much!

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

6

7

Answered . I am sorry that you are going through this. That means that the plaintiff/ moving party wond his or her motion. Take care and I hope that things work out.

2. Nicholas J.B. Pasquale

Pro

7

Answered . Your husband is simply asking the court to enter judgment in his favor on whatever he is asking for in the divorce. This is standard language that you should not overly concern yourself with. You should hire a divorce lawyer and file a response and counterclaim so that you can also ask that the court grant you any relief you request. Hope this helps.

3. Jane E Probst

Pro

3

Answered . If he is filing in Georgia, you need to consult an attorney licensed in Georgia.

4. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

4

Answered . He wants a divorce and if you have an agreement that it is part of the divorce. Schedule an appointment with an experienced local divorce lawyer to protect your rights.

5. David Alexander Browde

Pro

2

Answered . It's boilerplate meaning that he's asking for a divorce.