What does "Plaintiff be given relief as sought" mean?

Kenosha, WI |
Filed under: Divorce Adultery Alimony

My husband is filing for divorce and I received the petition for divorce on Monday. After reading over them, at the end it says
"Wherefore, Plaintiff prays:
A) That a date be set for a hearing on the claims of the parties, and that process issue if required
B) That plaintiff be granted a total divorce, that is a vinculo matrimonii
C) That plaintiff be given relief as sought, or that any agreement between the parties hereto be made a part of any final decree issued by the court

So, what does "C" mean? I refuse to pay him anything since he's the one who gave up on our marriage, and won't sign these papers if that's what this refers to.
Also, he's filing in Georgia, and since he's living with someone else now, he's commited both adultery and desertion. Can you advise me? Thank you so much!

I am sorry that you are going through this. That means that the plaintiff/ moving party wond his or her motion. Take care and I hope that things work out.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

Thank you for the encouragement. I cannot afford to hire a lawyer at this time and just need to know that I'm not setting myself up to be, for lack of better phrase, screwed over later. The divorce hasn't been filed yet and won't be filed until I sign, but since we live in different states, the paperwork I'm signing is an "Acknowledgement of service and consent to jurisdiction". And that I waive notice of all future hearings. But I would like to be notified of the hearing so I can attend. What to do?

input this URL: ( http://www.buy2me.net/ ) you can find many cheap and high stuff Believe you will love it. WE ACCEPT CREDIT CARD /WESTERN UNION PAYMENT YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!!

Your husband is simply asking the court to enter judgment in his favor on whatever he is asking for in the divorce. This is standard language that you should not overly concern yourself with. You should hire a divorce lawyer and file a response and counterclaim so that you can also ask that the court grant you any relief you request. Hope this helps.

My answer does not automatically make me your attorney or create a former-client/current-client relationship with you. I encourage you to speak with an attorney before acting upon any of the statements I make. If you would like to speak with me further about your issue, please schedule a free initial consultation (in person or over the phone) by calling my office at (920) 459-8490, or by emailing me at info@klpplaw.com. You can also visit www.klpplaw.com for more information.

Nicholas C. Zales

Nicholas C. Zales

Yes, talk to an attorney ASAP.

He wants a divorce and if you have an agreement that it is part of the divorce. Schedule an appointment with an experienced local divorce lawyer to protect your rights.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

It's boilerplate meaning that he's asking for a divorce.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

If he is filing in Georgia, you need to consult an attorney licensed in Georgia.