What does "no bond" mean?

Elgin, IL |

My boyfriend violated a civil no contact order. The judge has declared no bond. What does "no bond" mean?

Typo...this is my EX-boyfriend. The next court date is not until the end of May. They will hold him for a month?

It means he stays in jail at least until the first court date, if not beyond that.

Pretty much that. He cannot bond out of prison. So he stays there until the case is resolved in court or his bond status changes.

This post is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney client relationship with Mr. Cassara.

William Emil Cassara

William Emil Cassara

In all likelihood.

He cannot post a bond in order to get out of jail. He will have to stay in jail until the case is completed or the judge allows a posting of bond.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about. Remember that it is the Lawyer who:  Punishes the wicked, Protects the innocent, Raises up the lowly, Opposes brutality and injustice, Seeks equality of humanity regardless of color, cast, sex or religion, Leads in every cause, and Seeks the best in everything.