What does "MOTION TO...VERIFIED CONTINUE HEARING ON PLTF'S MTN FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT FOR STATUS HEARING IN 30 DAYS...(Cont'd)

Tampa, FL |

GRACE ALEXANDRIA HOLDINGS LLC" mean? I have a second mortgage that was originally Bay Gulf Credit Union (now Mid Florida Credit Union) and this loan has already been charged off. This motion was posted on the docket on 04/19/11. Do I need to be worried about this? I have a contract on my home under a HAFA Short Sale and we have been waiting 90 days for the lender to give us an answer (supposed to be 10 working days). The credit union gave us a payoff that they would accept in order to release the lien and this payoff was good until 03/31/11. Please help me! Thank you.

1. It sounds like the plaintiff is still proceeding with seeking summary judgment even though you have a short sale in the works - this is very common. Often I have attended summary judgment hearings to hear the borrowers say they have a short sale in the works and the court enters the judgment anyway, saying that the sale date is far enough out to allow the short sale to complete. However there is no guarantee that the short sale will go through. Having a judgment entered works entirely in the bank's favor and gives them less incentive to grant a short sale since they have essentially won the case already. I would suggest you oppose summary judgment even being entered and the best way to do that is to hire a good foreclosure defense attorney.

The website www.rataylorlaw.com, as well as all other writings or content on other websites prepared by Rebecca A. Taylor, including but not limited to www.avvo.com, www.twitter.com and www.facebook.com (collectively referred to hereinafter as the "Content") has been prepared for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The information is not provided in the course of an attorney-client relationship and is not intended to substitute for legal advice from Rebecca A. Taylor, Attorney at Law, Rebecca A. Taylor or Ms. Taylor (each of these designations shall be referred to hereinafter as "Ms. Taylor"). The Content is provided only as general information, which may or may not reflect the most current legal developments. The Content occasionally contains links to other web pages. The inclusion of such links, however, does not constitute referrals or endorsements of the linked entities. Ms. Taylor specifically disclaims any responsibility for positions taken by users in their individual cases or for any misunderstanding on the part of users of the Content. Ms. Taylor is the owner of all Content, asserts all ownership rights to same under the law, including but not limited to under Title 17 of the United States Code and all copyrights. Ms. Taylor's use of, and adding Content to, any third-party websites shall not be a waiver of any of her ownership of the Content. The use of the Content by any other parties, individuals, entities, websites or media ("Third Parties") is subject and subordinate to Ms. Taylor's ownership of the Content. By use of the Content, Third Parties agree to the terms of this Disclaimer. No ownership of the Content shall transfer to any other individual or party without Ms. Taylor's express written consent. Terminable, implied nonexclusive licenses may be either expressly or impliedly granted by Ms. Taylor to Third Parties for use of the Content. This Disclaimer shall hereby serve as Ms. Taylor's notice of termination of all purported transfers of copyright relating to the Content, effective immediately. The services offered by Ms. Taylor are provided as general examples only and may not be appropriate for every case. Ms. Taylor retains the discretion to decide which of the services listed in the Content, if any, are appropriate for each client. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free, written information about our qualifications and experience.