What does "held without bond" mean?

Asked 10 months ago - Mansfield, TX

I have someone in jail and the court says "no bond". What does that mean?

1. Todd Gregory Lehn

4

Answered . It means either the bond hasn't yet been set, or the judge ordered a "No Bond" which is usually for serious criminal charges.

2. Leslie Starr Barrows

Pro

3

Answered . They could be on probation as well. You will need an attorney to try to get a bond set.

3. Gary Churak

Pro

2

Answered . No bond has been set. Contact a local attorney and discuss your options with him.

4. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

3

Answered . It means that, at the present time, you cannot bail the person out, though that status can change.

5. Kathryn Mary Holton

1

Answered . It means that the Judge has issued an order that he can not post a bond.

6. Aaron Christopher Harper

Pro

1

Answered . Typically, this indicated either a very serious crime where the defendant is a flight risk or danger to the community or a situation where the judge wants to see them first -- like a probation violation.