What does demand for favorable and impeachment information? and notice of intent in discovery mean?

Longwood, FL |

my ex abused me and i had him arrested and he went to jail and his arraigment is set for next week im worried he requested a jury trial and i just dont want him to get off or have this come back at me i just want him to pay for almost killing me please answer my questions i just need to know what im in for i havent heard anything from the court or state attorney and its been about a month

These are terms that get articulated during the discovery process of a criminal matter. However, you do not need a lawyer (typically) and I'm guessing that you just ran across some of these documents while reading through the case docket or something?

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando/Longwood/Central Florida)

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.

2. Demand for impeachment and notice of intent for discovery are tools defense attorneys use to investigate a case. If you are concerned with the progress of the case of which you are the listed victim, it is your constitutional right to contact the state attorneys office and request an update on the case. You have the right to be informed at all stages of the criminal process. Contact the victim advocate and the state attorneys office for an update

Please be careful what information you post over the internet via websites like this one. Anything you say can be used against you at a later proceeding. You may contact me for a free consultation. phone: 954-620-8320 email: Grant@dnslaw.com. Visit www.attorney-fl.com or www.saydell.com

3. Contact the victim advocate at the State Attorney's office for an update on the case and what court dates have been set. I am sure they will be in touch with updates because they will need your testimony.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-354-5223. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.