What does "case disposed" mean?

Roseville, CA |

I just found a traffic violation that I got in 2005 and completely forgot about. Next my name it says: Disposed: CONVICTION, 09/28/2005. Guilty Plea.
Count as Disposed:FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY/SECURITY VERIFICATION (FR5). What does this mean? It doesn't say anything about having a warrant or anything like that and I had got stopped a few months back and they ran my ID and nothing came back so what is this that I have came accross??? This is also in the state of Oklahoma, Tulsa county...

1. If it's in Oklahoma, you should post it in the Oklahoma section of the Avvo forums so you can get advice from a lawyer licensed to practice in that state. Some lawyers on Avvo answer questions indiscriminately, in states where they don't know the law, and their answers are usually wrong.

A disposition of the case means it has been resolved, so it's all done as far as the court is concerned. The information you posted says you entered a guilty plea, and the "financial responsibility" notation might mean you were supposed to provide the court with proof of insurance, but failed to do so.

Of course, that's a guess. You'll get a much more informed answer if you just call the clerk of the court in the Oklahoma county where the case was filed. The clerk can let you know what's going on, and what you need to do to clear any arrest warrant. It may be very simple.

2. Mr. Marshall is correct. Typically Disposition means the final results of a case. In your situation- you were found guilty and needed to show proof of insurance. Post this to Oklahoma attorneys who will give you definitive answers. It is hard to believe that there is no outstanding warrant in OK. Your OK attorney will find out and rectify this.